MIT-SOM College offers a full time three year programme in Computer Administration leading to a Bachelor's degree in Computer Administration awarded by the University of Pune.
The Department of Bachelor of Computer Application in MITSOM College was established in the Year 2004 with the commitment to motivate and nature young minds for production of excellent manpower to meet the ever changing needs of industry. Over the years, the department has succeeded in creating its place of excellence among its counterparts in the country.
The department is committed to provide budding technocrats with expert guidance and latest laboratory facilities for their technical upliftment and developments of professional traits. These courses have been designed keeping in view the requirement of our primary stake holders i.e. the students and their future prospects.
In view of growing demand of IT professionals in the area of computer application, a course like BBA(CA) is need of the hour, where student can apply computer science principles to solve problems produced by the interface between business and technology. In this direction the department is successfully producing BBA(CA) . This received tremendous response and in 2008 started with two extra division.
Students are exposed to various areas of computer applications including the latest developments in the industry and has been addressing the changing needs of IT industry by periodically updating the syllabus and including newer technology.
The primary objective of the course is to create a sound academic base from which an advanced career in computer applications can be developed and initiate young minds into the world of computer applications and provide them with a solid grounding in the domain of software. The course structure envelops all aspects required by a successful IT professional and on completion of the course, student will be absolutely ready to face the challenges of a dynamic and challenging industry.
After successful completion of this 3-year BBA(CA) course, students are getting placed in good organizations however a number of students also opt for higher education.
In view of growing demand of IT professionals in the area of computer application, a course like BBA(CA) is need of the hour, where student can apply computer science principles to solve problems produced by the interface between business and technology.
In the modern professional world, the BBA(CA) programme has become an important preparatory level graduate course after completing Class 12, especially in the context of the IT industry. With the exponential growth in the IT sector in our country, and with the entry and FDI of various multi-national companies, it is reasonable to expect that the IT industry will require a large number of competent professionals in coming years, more so at the entry level. It is in this context that BBA(CA) assumes a significant role.
All the necessary foundation courses required for this is offered at BBA(CA) level starting from Mathematics which strengthens the background achieved at the 10+2 level, Programming languages & Data Structures which hones the logical thinking & problem solving capabilities, various application software to give understanding & knowledge of the tools used in IT industry and even hard core theory papers like Digital Logic, Computer Architecture and Operating Systems for understanding the inner workings of the computer system.
In order to be eligible for admission to Bachelor of Computer Applications a candidate must have passed.
- HSC (10+2) from any stream with English as passing Subject with minimum 40%marks in aggregate.
- Two years Diploma in Pharmacy Course of Board of Technical Education, Conducted by Government of Maharashtra or its equivalent.
- Three Year Diploma Course (after S.S.C. i.e. 10th Standard), of Board of Technical Education conducted by Government of Maharashtra or its equivalent.
- Every eligible candidate has to pass Common Entrance Test to be conducted by the respective Institute/College.
First Year Syllabus
Second Year Syllabus
Third Year Syallabus
The College follows continuous evaluation pattern which consists of:
- Progressive Assessment Test (10% weightage)– Conducted for 20 marks
- Semester Internal Test (30% weightage)– Conducted for 60 marks
- Class performance (30% weightage) including group discussions, presentations, book reviews, projects, surprise tests, attendance and overall behavior.
- Assignment Submission (30% weightage)
- A student shall be evaluated for a total of 3600 marks divided into 1200 marks per academic year or 600 marks per semester. There will be written examination for 80 marks of 3 hours duration for every course at the end of each semester. Internal assessment will be of 20 marks mainly comprising of internal tests, tutorials, assignments, day to day class performance and attendance. For subjects such as Business Exposure (Sem IV-406) students are required to submit a written report (assessed for 50 marks) followed by a viva voce examination of 50 marks. Similarly, for course on project work (Sem VI-606 A/B/C/D/E) students are required to submit a written report (assessed for 30 marks) followed by a viva voce of 20 marks. In order to pass in a course, a candidate will have to score a minimum of 40% marks in each subject.
- Note : Assessment of first year students will be done by the college as per University of Pune norms. The class shall be awarded to the students on the basis of aggregate marks obtained by them in second and third years.
- Assessment and evaluation for Short term course, bridge courses vary from course to course.
RULES OF A.T.K.T.
- student shall be allowed to keep term for the Second Year, if he/she has a backlog of not more than three theories & one practical or four theory heads of total number of subjects of the First year examination, which consist of First & Second Semester.
- A student shall be allowed to keep term for the Third year, if he/she has no backlog of first Year & if he/she has a backlog of not more than three theory & one practical or four theory heads of total number of subject of the Second Year examination which consist of Third& Fourth Semester
The Medium of Instruction and Examination (Written and Viva) shall be English
In order to enhance the skill sets of the students, MITSOM College also offers various Short Term Courses in association with other institutes. These courses are designed specifically keeping in mind the inputs from the industry as well s to improve the general skills of our students.
With the ever changing and evolving modern day management and global scenario, it is the need of the hour to equip tomorrows professional with the ability to adapt to change and to conquer the challenges posed by the modern world .To Improve the competitiveness of its graduates .MITSOM College conducts some innovative 'Beyond Curriculum' and VAP programmes for the students
At MITSOM College, teachers follow a mix of traditional and modern teaching methods which make learning an enriching ad interesting experience for the students. Following are the various teaching methods adopted by our faculty:
At MITSOM College, teachers follow a mix of traditional and modern teaching methods which make learning an enriching ad interesting experience for the students.
Following are the various teaching methods adopted by our faculty:
- Traditional lecture method with modern ICT enabled teaching tools
- Guest Lectures by Industry Experts
- Seminars & Workshops on Current Topics.
- Tutorial & Assignments
- Live projects in third year
- Hands on the practical
- More emphasis on the practical for technical subjects
Along with the academics, the department also encourages research among students in the following ways:
- The students of Fifth Semester, BBA(CA) are encouraged by the faculties to carry out a live project under the subject 505(Lab course).
- Every student is allotted a project guide who guides the student in completing a small project on an area of his choice.
Along with this all students are encourage to write monograph of their choice
- After successful completion of this 3-year BBA(CA) course, students are getting placed in good organizations however a number of students also opt for higher education. Obvious choice after BBA(CA) is opting for PostGraduation (MCA/MBA)
- Joining as Management Trainee/Executive Trainee in any following sector:
- IT Companies
- Banking and many more……
Career Opportunities for BBA(CA) Grads
- Software Industry is in continuous search for Technically strong students
- Industry offers varied career options for such students like :
- Technical Specialist
- Software Analyst
- 3D Animation / Graphic Designer
- Database Expert
- Software Engineering
- Hardwar Expert
- Networking Analyst
- Programmer / Software Developer
- Quality Assurance
- System Analyst
- Software Tester
- Technical Writing
- Security Expert
- Web Master / Web Designer
Rahul Ranjan, TY-BCA
I am very Glad to thank My all the Faculties of MITSOM College. It is a Great honor for me to be a part of MITSOM.
MITSOM is like My family, I am very Lucky to Meet such a Wonderful Teachers in my life.
Received the BEST NSS Students Award of MITSOM college for Academic year 2016-17. I am thankful to our course Incharge prof:Vinaya ma’am for your Love,support,Blessings and for Always guiding me, also I thank to Sadanand Borse sir who always supports me and encourages me in any Situation.
I had spend three years in MITSOM college, i have so many memories that i will never ever forget in my entire life.
MITSOM is like my second family,it was a place where i grow up,where i met amazing people where i understand that even if we are born thousands mile away in different state,we all are the same,we all have the same feelings.
MITSOM has made me a better person. it has helped me develope a positive attitude towards my Studies and Discover more about myself.
MITSOM is not only management college but also kind of your family that becomes part of your life.
Sadhika Balasubramanian, TY BBA(CA)
"Three years ago when I walked into the MITSOM lobby as a wide - eyed girl, little I realize how it was going to change my life forever"
Today, I still experience the same awe and pride I felt that day everytime I display my college ID card.
I was always fortunate to have opportunities and challenges beyond my designated role, which helped me grow. Be it my curricular's, trainings, academic advancement, the institution always provided a spectrum of options. I could achieve all of this because of the continuously learning work environment and by the help of my beloved Teachers, who guided me by sharing their knowledge and experience. This served as the backbone for my growth, and has made every moment spent in this college a memorable and a rewarding one.
I take great sense of pride in belonging to MITSOM. To me, truly, it's not just about the milestone I have achieved; it's the journey that has made all the difference!
Today, I can attribute a significant part of my personal and Educational growth to MITSOM and for this I am extremely grateful and honored to be a part of this MITSOM family.
Kaushik Gopal Jaiswal, Alumni, BCA Batch-2011-14
Once a Student, now Alumni…
I thank all the Faculties of MITSOM College from bottom of my heart for nourishing me.
Beyond the transfer of knowledge, my memories of this course will remind me of the bond formed with Faculties and students who were too supportive.
The course especially the workshops, seminars and other co Circular activities have enhanced my communication and leadership skills to prepare me so well that I can stand in corporate world with Confidence. Frequent seminars, discussions and debates on current events have helped me to keep updated with the IT industry trends. As I advance in my career and continue to set goals and grow professionally, I realize how vital my education from MITSOM College is in today’s business world. I appreciate the opportunities provided by MITSOM College.
MITSOM College has made all my dreams come true and has given me much more than I had even thought of.
Happy to be in the University Merit List.
Happier to be a MITSOM Alumni.
Happiest to be blessed by such wonderful Faculties.
BBA(CA) at MITSOM College – Success Stories
The alumni support the college for various activities like arranging placements, coming as resource person for seminar. They also come and share their experiences with the existing students about career options, educational opportunities and general guidance. Some of our alumni have joined our college as as visiting lecturers.
Success stories of Alumni in various activities:
Aniket Gandhi: Our Alumni Director at Saketi Technologies Pvt. Ltd is one the recruiter in our College and frequently comes to conduct guest lecture.
Eshan Pithadiya: One of our Alumni is our visiting faculty from last 2 Years and is selected through Campus in HCL and Cognizant.
Himanshu Nitnaware: Working in Times of India as Correspondent
Vaikunth Dempo: Graduated from MITSOM College and pursued his further studies in Englandand M.Sc. in Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship at Newcastle University which can be described as a red brick university and is a member of the elite Russell Group and started his own company,