MIT-SOM College offers a full time three year programme in Business Administration leading to a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration awarded by the University of Pune.
- To provide adequate basic understanding about subjects in Management among aspiring students.
- Prepare students to exploit opportunities being created in areas of Management.
- To train students in effective communication skills.
- To develop overall competence among students and to inculcate entrepreneurship skills among them.
Bachelor of Business Administration or BBA is a three-year full-time course that is designed to give rise to future professionals rather than mere 'degree holders'. This course keeps in mind the needs of the industry, where the students ultimately find employment and therefore, has a completely different approach to learning. The program is designed with the objective of producing business executives, managers and entrepreneur with a blend of theory and practical expertise which helps students in taking up challenging tasks in the industry and their own ventures.
- A candidate for being eligible for admission to the Degree course in Bachelor of Business Administration shall have passed 12th Std. Examination (H.S.C. 10+2) from any stream with English as passing subject and has secured 40% marks at 12th Std.
- Two years Diploma in Pharmacy after H.S.C., Board of Technical Education conducted by Government of Maharashtra or its equivalent.
- Three Year Diploma Course (after S.S.C., i.e. 10th Standard) of Board of Technical Education conducted by Government of Maharashtra or its equivalent.
First Year Syllabus
Second Year Syllabus
Third Year Syallabus
Following specializations are offered to the students in the Third Year of BBA -
- Human Resource Management
- Service Sector Management
- Agri-business Management
A student can choose any one specialization subject based on his area of interest and availability of seats.
- A student shall be evaluated for a total of 3600 marks divided into 1200 marks per academic year or 600 marks per semester. There will be written examination for 80 marks of 3 hours duration for every course at the end of each semester. Internal assessment will be of 20 marks mainly comprising of internal tests, tutorials, assignments, day to day class performance and attendance. For subjects such as Business Exposure (Sem IV-406) students are required to submit a written report (assessed for 50 marks) followed by a viva voce examination of 50 marks. Similarly, for course on project work (Sem VI-606 A/B/C/D/E) students are required to submit a written report (assessed for 30 marks) followed by a viva voce of 20 marks. In order to pass in a course, a candidate will have to score a minimum of 40% marks in each subject.
- The College follows continuous evaluation pattern which consists of:
- Progressive Assessment Test (10% weightage)– Conducted for 20 marks
- Semester Internal Test (30% weightage)– Conducted for 60 marks
- Class performance (30% weightage) including group discussions, presentations, book reviews, projects, surprise tests, attendance and overall behavior - Conducted for 60 marks
- Assignment Submission (30% weightage) - Conducted for 60 marks
Total = 200 marks which is scaled down to 20 marks (Internal)
- Note : Assessment of first year students will be done by the college as per University of Pune norms. The class shall be awarded to the students on the basis of aggregate marks obtained by them in second and third years.
- Assessment and evaluation for Short term course, bridge courses vary from course to course.
Rules of ATKT from Academic Year 2007-08
- A student shall be allowed to keep term for the second year, if he/she has a backlog of not more than four theory heads of total number of subjects of the first year examination, which consists of first & second semesters.
- A Student shall be allowed to keep term for the third year, if he/she has no backlog of first year and if he/she has a backlog of not more than four theory heads of total number of subjects of the second year examination, which consists of third & fourth semesters.
In order to enhance the skill sets of the students, MITSOM College also offers various Short Term Courses in association with other institutes. These courses are designed specifically keeping in mind the inputs from the industry as well s to improve the general skills of our students.
With the ever changing and evolving modern day management scenario, it is the need of the hour to equip tomorrow’s professionals with the ability to adapt to change and to overcome the challenges posed. To improve the competitiveness of graduates, the college conducts some innovative beyond curriculum "value added" programs for the students which include study of foreign languages lectures. VAP helps the students to sharpen special analytical & written communication skills pertaining to specific in business situations. The value addition program is essential for overall development of our students. This program constantly updates and upgrades the students to keep them the much needed edge for accomplishing their goals.
A. Bridge Courses:
To bridge the knowledge gap identified among the First Year students, following Foundation Courses are offered for a student pursuing BBA in MITSOM College:.
- Foundation course on Economics
- Foundation course on Accounting
- Foundation course on Mathematics and Statistics
B. Foreign Language:
In today’s competitive world, every student should have knowledge of at least one foreign language. Keeping this in mind, First year BBA students are offered choice of one foreign language as a part of Value Addition Programmes:
C. Soft Skills Training:
In the Second Year of BBA, a student is offered training in soft skills such as Preparation of Group Discussions and Personal interviews( GD and PI), Personality Development, Resume writing, Manners and Etiquettes etc. so as to prepare him/ her for a strong academic career (Post graduation) or enable him /her for Career in Industry.
In the Third Year students are given training in Advanced Excel, LEan Manufacturing and Campus to Corporate.
At MITSOM College, teachers follow a mix of traditional and modern teaching methods which make learning an enriching and interesting experience for the students. Following are the various teaching methods adopted by our faculty:
- Traditional lecture method with modern ICT enabled teaching tools
- Guest Lectures by Industry Experts
- Seminars & Workshops on Current Topics.
- Tutorial & Assignments
- Case Studies- Booklet of caselets on individual specialization subject is prepared and given to all students
- Role play
Industry visits are mandatory for a BBA student, during which students visit companies and get insight regarding the internal working environment of a company and how a company functions, as well as useful information related to the practical aspects of the educational course which cannot be visualized in lectures.
The industrial visit is considered one of the most tactical methods of teaching. It provides students with an opportunity to learn practically through interaction, working methods and employment practices. Moreover, it gives exposure from an academic point of view. Industry visits are arranged for the students to well-known and renowned companies which enable them to get the practical exposure and bridge the gap between theory and practical knowledge.
Before every Industry Visit, a homework session is organized for the students, wherein they are told about the company, products etc. They are also told to refer the website of the company. Every Industry visit has a focus area which is communicated to the company; the company gives presentation on that particular focus area to our students and then the visit becomes more meaningful.
- MITSOM College organises industrial visit to
- Ralegaon Siddhi
- Volkswagen, Chakan
- Sling Flexi Cartons Pvt. Ltd.
- Premium Innovations
In addition to the Industry Visits which are primarily for Second Year students, BBA Dept. also organizes study tours for teachers and students to provide them exposure to various organizations.
Some such visits include:
- National Stock Exchange(NSE)
- Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
- Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESI)
- Indian Institute of Management (IIM) - Indore and Ahmedabad
- Indian School of Business (ISB) - Hyderabad
Along with the academics, the department also encourages research among students in the following ways :
Project under Research Methodology:
- The students of Fifth Semester, BBA are encouraged by the faculties to carry out a research project under the subject Research Methodology.
- Every student is allotted a project guide who guides the student in completing a small research project on an area of his choice.
- Though, this research project is not a part of the university curriculum, it gives the student necessary background to complete a Project in his area of specialization in the Sixth Semester.
Research Monographs, articles, book reviews:
Students are motivated to write research monographs which are published by the College for research scholars. Our students also contribute strongly to other Research activities by way of writing articles, book reviews, research papers etc. which are published in our research journal, Business Explorer which has its own ISSN No.:2319-1961.
Faculty members also actively pursue research and guide the students in all their endeavors.
The obvious choice after BBA is opting for a postgraduate degree- MBA. Having a prior knowledge of different aspects of Management, BBA graduates often find it easier to crack MBA entrance exams as compared to Commerce graduates. Students also pursue an academic program in foreign universities. The preferred programs are MBA, MS (Marketing or Finance) and MS (Entrepreneurship). MITSOM College organizes seminars and guest lectures for our students to give them insight into career progression in countries abroad. Necessary support is always provided to our students.
Students also have an option of joining as Management Trainees / Executive Trainees in any of the following sectors after their BBA:
- Banking and Insurance
- Market Research
- Consumer Durables
- IT Companies
- Advertising Agencies
With their diversity and well-balanced technical and soft skills, MIT-SOM College students are well equipped to contribute towards the success of organisations. Many employers who recruit at our college have been doing so for years, and they return because they’ve had great success with theirMIT-SOM College hires.
The Placement Cell of MIT-SOM College has been moving from strength to strength throuhh nurturing of value added relationships over the years. Every year, new milestones are established which speaks well for the strengths of MIT-SOM College student community as well as the diversity of academic programmes offered. Whether the Industry needs an intern or some fresh talent for its leadership development program, the MIT-SOM College Placement Office facilitates the search. Existing relationships have been sustained while there has been a good number of ‘First timers’ on Campus
Following is the list of recruiters of BBA Department:
- Value Notes
- HDFC Standard Life
- Assent R & D
- Wipro Technologies
- Metro Services
- Jaro Education
- TCS BPO
- Deutsche Bank
Riddhi Kadam T.Y BBM(IB) Batch 2017
"An Investment in knowledge pays the best interest." - Benjamin Franklin
MITSOM College places great emphasis on the quality of learning process. Here, the classes are stimulating and co-curricular activities enjoyable. The aspect which helped me to excel was the constant encouragement from my faculty. The studies are supported by numerous mentoring seminars & lectures combined with research insights. Students are the centre focus of MITSOM college, I have got several opportunities to develop my teamwork and management skills through actively organising and participating in intercollegiate events.
While diverse in our backgrounds as well as nationalities, we the students are united by our motivation to succeed and provide meaningful contribution as individuals.
MITSOM College has proved to be the best platform which has offered us with a comprehensive study environment along with a professional discipline base.
Madhav Gandhi TY BBA Batch 2017
It has been said that every journey has its share of ups and downs but I can proudly say that my journey of MITSM College has only been through ups and ups. This is because MITSOM College ensures overall development of students. Studying here is once in a life time experience. There are ample opportunities provided by MITSOM College to develop the potential talent of students in their field of interest, be it academics or the exposure required to strive through the corporate world.
I must add that faculties at MITSOM College are the backbone of it. The environment of the college and relations with the faculties has always been motivating and supporting.
I am proud to be a part of such an esteemed college.
Thank you MITSOM College for making these 3 years a memorable experience!
As my time at MITSOM COLLEGE comes to a close I have the opportunity to reflect on my experience as a student. The education that I have received has left a lasting impression which I will carry throughout my career in the business world. Our college takes the term interactive classroom to another level by providing us with opportunities for various industrial visits, live projects as well as develops our research aptitudes by allowing us to work on monographs, research papers, Power point presentations, as well as learning how to work within a group and communicate effectively are daily components essential to all classes. The professors that I have had the privilege to receive guidance and advice have real life experiences that complement their teaching methods and help do justice to the course material. Each professor's genuine compassion for the student's progression allows one to excel in a small environment and become a name rather than a number." The professors of MITSOM College have always instilled in us a perspective-BUILD YOURSELF LIKE A BRAND".
MAEER's MITSOM College has been a turning point in my life and a stepping stone towards a brighter future. It has molded me to become a polished and confident person and most importantly a good human being. All thanks to my teachers who always motivated and guided me and noticed that little spark within me; to my principal who is more like a friend, philosopher and guide and also to the office staff who has been very co-operative.
To pen down the experience at MIT-SOM College is itself truly exciting. At MIT-SOM College, you are not just learning management theory, you are learning life and real world scenarios. There are several clubs including the dance and drama clubs which make sure you are having your share of fun too.
My college not only provides us with knowledge, but aims at developing the entire persona of an individual. The extremely supportive and friendly faculty is always there to guide you, evaluate you and point out where you can improve and always appreciate your efforts! The part that I like the most is that here, teachers actually spend their time and energy happily in making you a better person.
Communicating and interacting with students from diverse backgrounds has been a really enriching learning experience.
I would like to conclude by saying that these three years of my life at MIT-SOM College have helped me in becoming a positive and self-driven individual. I look forward to many more learning experiences at MIT-SOM College and beyond. Also, I would like to thank all the faculty members who have supported me throughout my journey. I feel fortunate to be a part of this college
The alumni support the college for various activities like arranging industry visits, placements, sponsorships and may other things. They also come and share their experiences with the existing students about career options, educational opportunities and general guidance. Some of our alumni have joined our college as full time as well as visiting lecturers.
Some of the contributions of Alumni in various activities:
Full time faculty:
- Mr Sudarshan Munde
- Mr. Vaibhav Joshi and Mr. Sameer Joshi conducted sessions on "Current Business Trends" for BBA students.
- Mr. Alok Dhuri conducted sessions on "Report Preparation on Industry Exposure"
Placements & Internship:
- Mr. Siddharth Jain working with "Markets & Markets" has approached for recruitment.
- Mr. Kaushal Chhajjed has sponsored gifts for "Enthusia 2013-14"
- Mr. Shashank Mengade was one of the sponsorer for "Soccer Fest" and was also invited as a judge for Business Plan Competition organized by Entrepreneur Club.
- Mr. Shashank Mengade is the successful owner of Cafe Durga- chain of cafes operating all over Maharashtra.
- Mr. Dhruv Ruparel is the owner of Suzuki showroom in Pune.
- Mr. Sahil Ballani has own retail outlet intextile market in Pune.