MIT-SOM College offers a full time three year professional programme in Computer Applications leading to a Bachelor's degree in Computer Applications (BCA) awarded by the MIT – World Peace University (MIT – WPU).
The Department of Bachelor of Computer Application in MITSOM College was established in the Year 2004 with the commitment to motivate and nature young minds for production of excellent manpower to meet the ever changing needs of industry. Over the years, the department has succeeded in creating its place of excellence among its counterparts in the country.
The department is committed to provide budding technocrats with expert guidance and latest laboratory facilities for their technical development of professional traits. These courses have been designed keeping in view the requirement of our primary stake holders i.e. the students and their future prospects.
In view of growing demand of IT professionals in the area of computer application, a course like BCA is need of the hour, where student can apply mathematics and electronics along with computer science subjects that will help solve problems produced by the interface between business and technology.
The BCA program is a combination of computer and applied subjects from science stream. The computer related courses are being used to introduce techniques of programming, databases, web designing, system analysis, design tools and different computing environments. The applied courses including mathematics and electronics shall provide theoretical foundation for students of Computer Science.
Students are also exposed to various areas of computer applications including the latest developments in the industry and has been addressing the changing needs of IT industry by periodically updating the syllabus and including newer technology.
- Produce knowledgeable and skilled human resources which is employable in IT and ITES.
- Impart knowledge required for planning, designing and building Complex Application Software Systems as well as provide support to automated systems or application.
- Produce entrepreneurs who can develop customized solutions for small to large Enterprises.
- To develop academically competent and professionally motivated personnel, equipped with objective, critical thinking, right moral and ethical values that compassionately foster the scientific temper with a sense of social responsibility.
- To develop students to become globally competent.
- To inculcate Entrepreneurial skills among students.
In view of growing demand of IT professionals in the area of computer application, a course like BCA is need of the hour, where student can apply computer science principles to solve problems produced by the interface between business and technology.
In the modern professional world, the BCA programme has become an important preparatory level graduate course after completing Class 12, especially in the context of the IT industry. With the exponential growth in the IT sector in our country, and with the entry and FDI of various multi-national companies, it is reasonable to expect that the IT industry will require a large number of competent professionals in coming years, more so at the entry level. It is in this context that BCA assumes a significant role.
All the necessary foundation courses required for this is offered at BCA level starting from Mathematics which strengthens the background achieved at the 10+2 level, Programming languages & Data Structures which hones the logical thinking & problem solving capabilities, various application software to give understanding & knowledge of the tools used in IT industry and even hard core theory papers like Digital Logic, Computer Architecture and Operating Systems for understanding the inner workings of the computer system.
This programme aims to develop academically competent and professionally motivated personnel, equipped with objective and critical thinking that compassionately foster the scientific temper with a sense of social responsibility.
In order to be eligible for admission to Bachelor of Computer Applications a candidate must have passed.
- HSC (10+2) from any stream with English as passing Subject with minimum 50%marks in aggregate.
- Three Year Diploma Course (after S.S.C. i.e. 10th Standard) of Board of Technical Education conducted by Government of Maharashtra or its equivalent.
- Every eligible candidate has to pass Common Entrance Test to be conducted by the respective Institute/College.