Center for Research & Human Development
MITSOM College has started its very own research centre, Centre for Research and Human Development [C.R.H.D.]. The most important aim of the Research Centre is to encourage and motivate the faculty and students to inculcate the ‘investigative’ mindset so that they can reap the benefits of research and exploration. MITSOM College has three faculty researchers with Ph.D qualification and two statisticians for analyzing the data and adequate number of equipment, necessary for research. The primary endeavour of the Research Centre is to share the results of research with the community for common good.
C.R.H.D has initiated ten research projects, relating to several areas such as Education, Economy, Banking, Market Research, Infrastructure and Technology, Business Ethics and Ecology. It was founded with the primary objective of creating research awareness amongst the faculty and students.
CRHD promotes emerging research opportunities in various areas. MITSOM College assures the availability of any infrastructure necessary to aid research, while adhering to all regulatory requirements. CRHD is also home to two initial in-house publications, namely, ‘Avani’ and ‘Business Explorer’. The ambitions and activities of CRHD are driven by learning, research, scholarship and catering to human good.
CRHD aims to maximize the benefits of research by advancing fundamental knowledge and contributing to better public policy, economic prosperity, social cohesion, human development and improving the quality of life.
- To develop a spirit of investigation and inquiry
- To maximize success in research and innovation
- To make value contributions to human development
- To build a strong Industry – Institute Interface
- To encourage faculty to further research in their respective fields by creating research friendly environment at the work place
- To create linkage between academia and the society at large by encouraging students to participate in research projects selected by CRHD from time to time
- Initiate capacity building programmes for the students by giving them experience in scientific procedure through small research projects
- Organize lectures, conferences and courses for the faculty and students to support teaching assignments
- Publish and promote results from its research
- The mission of CRHD is to encourage and support research, scholarship and creative activities at MITSOM College.
- CRHD strives to encourage and motivate the faculty and students of MITSOM College to instill the spirit of research and innovation in their souls.
- CRHD is committed towards sharing the results of research with the community for common good.
- CRHD assists in the recruitment of research-intensive faculty, provision of necessary infrastructure for sponsored research, and assurance that all research is conducted responsibly.
- CRHD is committed towards forging solid and lasting relationships with other esteemed institutes, universities, organizations, and public and private partnerships in order to enhance the wellbeing of society.
- The primary mission of CRHD is to facilitate research and discovery at the cutting edge of Education, Economy, Banking, Market Research, Infrastructure and Technology, Business Ethics and Ecology to address societal needs.
- The vision of CRHD is to provide strategic direction to the research activities undertaken at MITSOM College.
- It strives to provide the highest quality of research needed to realize the full potential of brilliance at MITSOM College.
- CRHD strives to make MITSOM College the premier hub of leading research movement in the areas of discoveries, publications, mentoring and training, and in the translation of research into societal benefits.
- The people at CRHD envision a dynamic, innovative, and diversified environment that will promote and support the research and resourceful scholarship activities of faculty, staff, and students.
- CRHD strives to provide a solid and supportive research infrastructure that will maximize the effectiveness of funds generated and attract talented researchers to the institute.
CRHD gives primary assurance that all the research is conducted with the highest level of ethics, integrity and dignity. CRHD is committed towards focusing on social and industry related research.
More specifically, social research examines a society’s attitudes, assumptions, beliefs, trends, stratifications and rules. The scope of social research can be small or large, ranging from the self or a single individual to spanning an entire race or country.
Research relating to industry
CRHD also concentrates on industry research. Industry research refers to the planned research or critical investigation aimed at the acquisition of new knowledge and skills for developing new products, processes or services or for bringing about a significant improvement in existing products, processes or services.
- SPSS/Statistical Training
- Literature Reviews
- Career Planning
- Research Proposals
- Bibliography Building
- Writing/Preparing Project Reports
- Data Analysis
- Presentation Skills
- MS Office
- Grant Applications
- Designing Questionnaires
- Report Generation
Online Edition of College Research Journals
MITSOM College undertakes a number of activities that motivate and encourage the College to respond to special requests for collaborations, and to face new challenges to contribute to the research field. MITSOM College engages in various research related activities such as invitations to outside speakers for participation in special events, conferences, seminars, workshops, bringing out research publications, hosting and participating in research competitions, dissemination of research conducted by CRHD and faculty members etc.
Following is the list of existing and proposed collaborations of CRHD with other esteemed organizations for the purposes of research and consultancy.
List of Collaborations for Research and Consultancy
(Existing and Proposed)
- Azim Premji Foundation
- Babasaheb Ambedkar Research and Training Institute (BARTI)
- Edith Cowan University
- Entrepreneurship Development Institute of India
- Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics (GIPE)
- Government of Maharashtra
- Higher Education Forum
- Karve Institute of Social Service
- Mahatma Phule Krishi Vidyapeeth
- Marketing and Management Solutions
- National Institute of Banking Management (NIBM)
- National Insurance Academy (NIA)
- Panacea BPO Services Pvt. Ltd.
- Praj Foundation
- Rotary Club (Dr. Sontakke)
- Sakal Social Foundation
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)
- Tribal Research and Training Institute
- Triple Steelix/ Lulea University
- University of South Florida
- Vaikunth Mehta Institute of Co-operative Management
- JJT University
- Kashmir University
- Muhammad Yunus Centre
The faculty members at MITSOM College generate knowledge through progressive research in varied areas such as Education, Economy, Banking, Market Research, Infrastructure and Technology, Business Ethics and Ecology which would benefit public and private sector companies, and the society in general. The knowledge generated by MITSOM College faculty has appeared in various materials and in-house publications, namely, ‘Avani’ and ‘Business Explorer’. Many text books and working papers are written by the faculty on a regular basis.MITSOM College has always worked hard to become the nucleus of innovative activity and the faculty members collaborate with the industry and academic institutions from all over the world.
Assistance for statistical analysis
CRHD has been advancing research via expert statistical analysis. The statistical analysts at CRHD are trained to help researchers design experiments, analyze and plot data, run statistical software, interpret the results generated, and communicate statistical concepts to non-statisticians.
The library occupies a place of pride at MITSOM College. It acts as an essential constituent of CRHD’s research and human development program. The library houses a rich collection of text and reference books, journals, magazines, audio/videos, CD-ROMs, research reports, online databases and data analysis software, etc. The library enables scholarship and the advancement of knowledge, promotes discovery, research and learning. The principal aim of the library at MITSOM College is to aid in the creation of knowledge through acquirement, organization and distribution of knowledge resources.
IT Enabled Infrastructure
MITSOM College provides its state-of-the-art computing resources to CRHD for the purpose of research. The MITSOM College campus has IT enabled infrastructure comprising of computer labs and internet facilities. MITSOM College technology initiatives are clearly focused on research. It provides students with effective and adequate infrastructure to learn and grow. MITSOM College is graced with high speed internet connectivity, modern classrooms, resourceful library, auditoriums fitted with the latest audio visual facilities etc.
Financial assistance for research
The first step in obtaining research funding is to identify appropriate sponsors and opportunities. Although there is no comprehensive source providing detailed funding information, there are a number of websites that serve as helpful resources. Funding from corporations and foundations is obtained through ongoing relationships with sponsors that support research endeavours across the intellectual spectrum. CRHD is deeply committed to the advancement, dissemination and preservation of knowledge and also to the advancement and protection of public interest and welfare.
National Stock Exchanges
- National Stock Exchange
- The Stock Exchange, Mumbai
- Ahmedabad Stock Exchange
- Calcutta Stock Exchange
- Cochin Stock Exchange Limited
- Coimbatore Stock Exchange Limited
- Delhi Stock Exchange
- Inter-connected Stock Exchange of India Ltd.
- OTC Exchange of India
- Saurashtra Kutch Stock Exchange Limited
Regulators of Indian Official
- Securities and Exchange Board of India
- Reserve Bank of India
- Insurance Regulatory Authority of India
- Lancaster University Management School Working Papers
- Ohio State Department of Accounting and MIS Working Papers
- MIT Center for Coordination Science - Working Paper Series
- RePEc (Research Papers in Economics)
- NBER Working Papers
- "Resources for Economists on the Internet"
- NBER Working Papers
- Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve- Finance and Economics Discussion Series
- Duke Finance Research Paper
- London Business School Working Paper
- London Business School Case Studies
- THE CHARLES A. DICE CENTER FOR RESEARCH IN FINANCIAL ECONOMICS WORKING PAPER SERIEs
- The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania-Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research
- Stern School, NYU- Finance Department WORKING PAPER SERIEs
- Institute of Business and Economic Research (IBER)
- UCLA Anderson School of Management Working Papers
- Ross School of Business - Working Papers Series
- The Financial Markets Research Center at Vanderbilt University Working Papers
- WEISS CENTER WORKING PAPERS
- Wharton Financial Institutions Center Working Papers
- The S.S. Huebner Foundation for Insurance Education of the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania Working Papers
- Asian Development Bank Institute Working Paper Series
- BRIE - Berkeley Roundtable on the International Economy Working Papers
- Center for Advanced Human Resource Studies
- IFC Discussion Papers
- University of Strathclyde Working Papers
- Social Science Research Network
- Harward Business School Working Papers
- Using The Internet To Keep Up To Date With The Latest Journal Articles And Working Papers In Finance
- Database of Finance Sites
- Working Papers in Finance and Economics-University of Technology, Sydney
- ECGI Working Paper Series in Finance and Law
- International Finance Discussion Papers
- EIFC Working Papers
- CAF working papers
- Ministry of Finance, Government of India - Working papers
- ISEAS Working Papers
- Finance and Development Research Working Papers
- Finance Working Papers University of California
- Working Papers in Economics & Finance University of London
- Cass Business School Working Papers
- University of Canterbury Working Papers Series
- Brunel University Economics and Finance Working Papers
- Lancaster University Management School Working Papers
- International Trade and Finance Association Conference Papers
- The International Center for Finance Working Paper Series
- Scandinavian Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance
- The University of Georgia Working Papersin Banking and Finance
- MIT Sloan School of Management Working Papers
- University of Bristol - Economics, Econometrics, Accounting and Fnance Working Papers
- CAREFIN Working Papers
- CeNDEF Working Papers
- Economics, Finance and Accounting Working Papers at NUI Maynooth
- IDPM, University of Manchester Working Papers
- Australian School of Business Working Paper Series
- IMF Working Papers
- Rotman Working Papers
- Southern Illinois University Working Papers
- Columbia University Working Papers
- Working Papers for Business, Economics and Transport
- BIS Working Papers
- World Trade Organisation Staff Working Papers
- Bank of England Working Paper Series
- The Frank J. Petrilli Center for Research in International Finance
- Working Papers Center for Finance
- Working Papers in Economics and Finance Durham University
- Danish Center for Accounting and Finance
- Working papers - Finance Research Group
- New York University's Leonard N. Stern School of Business WORKING PAPER SERIES
- UiS Working Papers in Economics and Finance
- UCD Quinn School of Business: Working papers