Maintaining and strengthening the status of Women.
To create awareness of feminine potential.
Women Development Cell of mitsom college was established on 10th november 2011 with the following objectives:
OBJECTIVE OF WDC:
- To create social awareness about the problems of women and in particular regarding gender discrimination.
- To develop the self confidence of Women.
- To guide about Women Welfare Laws.
- To assert the importance of spiritual, economic, social, racial and gender equality.
- To highlight the importance of health and hygiene.
- To directs Women’s role in the society. To develop multidisciplinary approach for the overall personality development.
- To organize seminars, workshops relating to women development.
- To prevent sexual harassment and to promote general well-being of female students, teaching and non teaching women staff of the College.
|1.||Mrs Dhanashree Deshmukh Ghate||Convener||BBA.||Teaching faculty|
|2.||Mrs Diksha Bedekar||Secretary||BBA (IB)||Teaching faculty|
|3.||Ms Jijai Pawar||Member||BBA(CA)||Teaching faculty|
|4.||Mrs Geetanjali Joshi||Member||MCA||Teaching faculty|
|5.||Mrs Madhura Gulavani||Member||Administration||Nonteaching Staff|
|6||LR from Students Council||Students Representative||LR from Students Council|
|7||Ms Subhada Deshpande||Consultant||Lawyer|
|9||Ms Renuka Mukadam||Consultant||NGO Representative|
|10||Dr Alka Ranade||Consultant||Gynecologist|
A separate room has be given to WDC for carrying out its various activities and discussion.The room is equipped with all the necessary infrastructure like first aid box, cupboards, chairs, books & CDs related to issues of Women, charts, collages etc made by the female students of the college and members of the cell.
Academic year 2015-16
- Mehandi Competition
- Eco friendly Ganpati Rally
- Screening of movie Gulaab Gang followed by discussion.
- Guest Lecture on “Women Rights” By Advocate Subhada Deshpande.
- Guest Lecture on “Mental Wellbeing” By Ms Manasi Kshrisagar – Psychologist.